The Department of Economics was founded in 1993, under the Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, Balıkesir University Bandırma. The department, which started education on October 18, 1993, gave its first graduates in 1997. The department was included in the Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences in Bandırma Onyedi Eylül University, which was established with the Law No. 6640 published in the Official Gazette dated 23 April 2015 and numbered 29335. In the department, English preparatory class practice is carried out depending on the student's request.
In the department of economics, where education is given in the formal and evening education level, educational activities and academic activities are carried out within the following departments:
• Department of Economic Policy
• Economic Development and International Economics
• Department of Economics Theory
• Department of Economic History
The department of economics, which also includes graduate and doctoral education programs, has a young and dynamic staff who can guide students in all fields of the economics discipline, develop their ability to think and make decisions as economists. The team of the department of economics consists of six professors, two associate professors, four doctor lecturers, and six research assistants.
Aims and Objectives of the Department
It is among the primary objectives of the department of economics to be a department that produces graduates equipped with information to examine consumer and producer behaviors and underlying macro phenomena of economics, able to produce solutions by addressing the problems faced by different perspectives, think comprehensively and independently and use their knowledge for these purposes by making economic analysis and modeling.
In the fields of theoretical and applied economics, in addition, to be a high level and pioneering department at the undergraduate level, it is among the other objectives of the department to provide the necessary mathematics support to other units at the undergraduate level, to train cadres who will contribute to science at national and international level.
The program qualifications offered by the Department of Economics to the students at the end of their undergraduate education are listed below:
• Gaining the ability to use materials related to basic economics
• Ability to use the ability to think based on economic analysis
• Increasing the ability to produce solutions with the right financial modeling by looking at current problems from various angles.
• Acting according to professional and scientific ethical values in the stages of collecting, interpreting, and sharing data related to economics.
• To have the knowledge of information technologies related to information technologies, basic computer programs, and economics, and to be able to follow and use innovations in this field.
• To have foreign language knowledge to understand economic information
• Achieving the competence to conduct studies at the undergraduate level related to the field and having joint discussions with stakeholders.
• To analyze the problems and issues to be encountered by evaluating the concepts and theories in economics with scientific methods and to develop offers based on solutions.
Economics graduates have extensive employment opportunities in the public and private sectors. Graduates can take inspector, auditor, and assistant expert exams opened by the Ministries and work in the positions mentioned. Public sector and private sector banks, research institutions, national and international companies are also institutions where the department graduates are employed. In addition, the graduates of the department of economics can benefit from the career opportunity in academic terms by continuing to graduate programs.